Thank you for reading the news about the law defining the duties of the Personal Data Protection Officer. Know it and now with news details
Cairo – Samia Saeed – Personal Data Protection Law No. 151 of 2020 comes as a legislative advance towards securing personal data for citizens, especially existing laws without a legal framework regulating the protection of electronically processed personal data during its collection, storage or processing. ..
Personal data is defined by law as any data relating to a specific natural person, or by linking this data to any other data such as name, voice, image, identification number, online identifier or any other data that can be identified directly or indirectly. A mental, health, economic, cultural or social identity .
The law defines a data subject as any natural person to whom electronically processed personal data is legally or factually attributed and enables him to be distinguished from others.
According to the law, its provisions do not apply to certain types of data, including personal data processed only for media purposes, but that are true and accurate and not used for any purpose other than prejudice to the regulation of law. Press and Media.
The Personal Data Protection Officer shall be responsible for implementing the provisions of the Act, its executive rules and the decisions of the Centre, monitoring its existing procedures, supervising them and receiving requests related to personal data. Provisions of this Act. Brother is bound to the following :
– Conducting periodical assessment and inspection of personal data protection systems and preventing their access, documenting assessment results and issuing necessary recommendations to protect them. .
– Directly contacting the Center and implementing the decisions regarding implementation of the provisions of this Act. .
To enable the data subject to exercise the rights set out in this Act .
– Notify the Center in case of breach or violation of his personal data .
– To respond to requests submitted by a data subject or any person having capacity under the provisions of this Act and to respond to complaints submitted to the Center by any of them under the provisions of this Act..
– To ensure the accuracy of the data and information entered therein, follow up on the entry and update of the personal data record of the controller or the process operation record of the processor. .
– Eliminate any violations related to personal data in its existence and take corrective measures in this regard .
– To conduct necessary training programs for the employees of his organization, to qualify them as per the requirements of this Act .
The implementing regulations of this law specify the responsibilities, procedures and other tasks that must be carried out by the Personal Data Protection Officer.